The membership of the South Boston Lithuanian Citizens’ Association is the ultimate decision making body and. The members are the owners of the associations’ real property and all of its assets. That is the privilege of being a member of this organization. Membership in the South Boston Lithuanian Citizens’ Association (SBLCA) is purely voluntary and is open to all Lithuanian-Americans living and residing in the United States.
The following is a synopsis of membership requirements from the Constitution of the South Boston Lithuanian Citizens’ Association.
- The following are eligible to become regular members of this association :
- Any Lithuanian man or woman regardless of his or her religious and political beliefs;
- Any person of Lithuanian descent.
- To become a regular member of this association it is also necessary that persons mentioned in paragraph 1 shall meet one of the following requirements:
- A person of Lithuanian decent who is a citizen of the United States.
- A person of Lithuanian decent who has taken out their first citizenship papers with the intention of becoming a citizen of the United States
- A person of Lithuanian decent who is a permanent or legal alien living in the United States
- A person of Lithuanian decent who has a valid legal working permit/visa or student visa living in the United States.
- A spouse of an eligible member of the association regardless of ethnic origin.
- Each member shall pay annual dues as approved by the SBLCA Board of Directors. Currently regular member dues are $24 and veteran member dues are $12 annually. Veteran membership status is achieved after 25 years of active membership in the association.
More information about membership eligibility requirements can be found in the Constitution of the South Boston Lithuanian Citizens’ Association which is available upon request.
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the SBLCA, you can apply any time at the club during regular hours. Just ask for a membership application form or manager or bartender. You can also download and print an application mail it to us.
Click here to download a Membership Application.